Hope Lives Here
The mission of HtN – Hope Lives Here is to provide basic human services and advocacy for those in need in our community, in collaboration with other social service organizations.
Help the Needy (HtN – Hope Lives Here) was founded in 1982 to provide assistance to people in need when they encounter unforeseen challenges. The intent of the assistance is to offer those in need a hand-up, not a hand-out. Hope truly lives here at HtN – Hope Lives Here. HtN – Hope Lives Here is a Federally qualified Section 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Since our founding HtN has grown in size and mission. In 2009, HtN moved its offices to its current location in the central business district of Woodland Park to better serve its clients and to provide a more effective working environment for our volunteers.
HtN continues to develop and serve our community with compassion and fairness.
As a matter of policy, HtN:
- Keeps operating expenses to an absolute minimum, averaging about 16% over the past five years.
- Maintains a policy of nondiscrimination providing assistance without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or bias of any kind.
- Scrupulously adheres to the conditions required by grants.
- Strives to use the minimum necessary resources of HtN while addressing client issues, and generally discourages clients who have recurring needs.
- Offers aid that is intended to complement assistance from other resources.
HtN is proud of the fact that its staff remains 100% volunteer.
Our social service organizational partners are as follows:
Community of Caring/Aspen Mine Center, Cripple Creek, CO – aspenminecenter.org
Community Partnership, Woodland Park, CO – cpteller.org
Storehouse Ministries, Woodland Park, CO – wpcchurch.org/storehouse.php
CASA – casa.org
Goodwill – discovermygoodwill.com
Little Chapel Food Pantry – littlechapelfoodpantry.org
Teller County Department of Human Services – co.teller.co.us/DHS
Teller County Regional Animal Shelter (TCRAS) – tcrascolorado.org
Teller Senior Coalition – tellerseniorcoalition.org
TESSA of Colorado Springs – tessacs.org
Woodland Park Community Cupboard – wpcommunitycupboard.com
Woodland Park Senior Center – woodlandparkseniors.com