Help the Needy is a faith-based non-profit all volunteer organization with many opportunities available for you. We are always seeking highly qualified applicants, and those who just wish to contribute to the community, to join our organization. We know your time is valuable, so we have volunteer opportunities that are designed to fill as much, or as little time that you may have to offer. Please feel free call us to discuss our open positions to see how your talents and desires will match up with our needs.
Guidelines For Volunteers
The mission of Help the Needy is to provide, in collaboration with other partners, basic human services and advocacy, for those in need in our community.
The following are the guidelines that volunteers for HtN follow:
- Understand and agree to follow the mission of HtN.
- Have no personal agenda for helping the client.
- Understand and agree to follow these guidelines.
- Receive a clear description of the task or tasks that the Interviewer is asking to have done.
- Recognize your skills. Do not attempt to do something that you are not capable of doing.
- Know your physical limits.
- Do not put yourself in jeopardy by attempting to do something that may cause injury to yourself or others.
- The person you are helping is a child of God; treat them as you would your own family members.
- Always be courteous. Try to help the clients keep their self-respect; do not belittle them.
- Be respectful in all your dealings with the client.
- Do only what you are instructed to do.
- Obtain prior approval for any additional work requested.
- Never remove anything from the client’s property without their written approval.
- Obtain prior approval from an Interviewer for any expenditure.
- Do not make commitments in HtN’s name.
- Do not offer money or items on behalf of HtN.
- Do not accept payment for any work that you do in HtN’s name.
- Hold in confidence all HtN business